Multi-Strand Monofilament Nylon
Multi-Strand Monofilament netting is constructed from two or more individual strands of monofilament twisted together to form a single twine. The twine is then manufactured into netting. Multi-strand monofilament nylon is:
- Nearly transparent in water and can be tinted (dyed) most any color.
- Most commonly used in gill and trammel nets.
- Softer and more flexible than single-strand monofilament netting. It is more compact and will not use as much space to store.
- Stronger than equal diameters of single-strand monofilament.
- Multi-strand monofilament is normally more expensive than single-strand monofilament.
- Debris (sticks, grass, etc.) is more difficult to remove from multi-strand monofilament than from single-strand monofilament.
- Available in single, double, or triple knots.
- Available in depthways stretched (most common) or lengthways stretched.
- Thicker or heavier selvedges (for added strength) are available as well as multifilament selvedges.
- Fitec’s monofilament netting is made from high-quality, virgin resin with excellent tensile (breaking) strength. All Fitec monofilament netting is heat-set in a controlled chamber to provide tight knots that will not slip under pressure. Our factory is state-of-the-art with stringent quality control. This ensures consistent mesh and twine sizes throughout the netting. Fitec’s monofilament netting factory manufactures a wide range of twine sizes in most any mesh size, mesh deep, or color.
|Multi-Strand Monofilament Nylon Netting|
|(Red De Multi-Monofilamento)|
|MM Dia x Ply||Japanese||USA||Tensile(Breaking) Strength|
|Size x Ply||Number||of Twine|
|.20mm x 4||1.5 x 4||#139||21.16||9.6|
|.20mm x 5||1.5 x 5||n/a||26.46||12|
|.20mm x 6||1.5 x 6||n/a||31.75||14.4|
|.20mm x 8||1.5 x 8||#277||42.34||19.2|
|.20mm x 10||1.5 x 10||n/a||52.7||23.9|
|.20mm x 12||1.5 x 12||#7||63.28||28.7|
|.20mm x 14||1.5 x 14||n/a||73.87||33.5|
|.20mm x 16||1.5 x 16||#9||83.79||38|
|Note:||The specifications listed are for commonly accepted industry applications.|
|We can custom manufacture to your specifications- contact us for details|